Thursday, September 08, 2011

Book Review: Silverbirch by Rob Kaay

Silverbirch; A Tear in the Fabric of the Night SkySilverbirch; A Tear in the Fabric of the Night Sky by Rob Kaay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an interesting review to write, as this book falls outside of my usual genres. I was lucky enough to receive a complimentary copy from the author for retweeting his tweet on twitter a few weeks back, and have finally read and finished it in the last few days.

I enjoyed the story, particularly the way it was set across time (and dimension), but I think I enjoyed the writing style more. It was the latter that kept me reading. I think with a different style I might not have finished the book because as I've said this is not my normal reading fair. This kept me engaged though, wanting to know more about Silverbirch, and what was going to happen next and how things were going to be resolved (or not).

So if I could give half-stars I'd probably go 3 and a half, but since I can't do that am going 4, because the writing was so good, and I'm impressed it kept me engaged all the way through in a genre type that I wouldn't normally read. Who knows might now come back from more and see what else Rob Kaay has under his pen.

View all my reviews

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: