Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
I discovered on Wednesday evening that my AOL service was not working correctly, and was preventing me from connecting to the Internet. Running through the self-diagnostics on the software this told me that there was a missing file and to reinstall the software. This I did. It did not resolve the situation. When I phoned technical support on a number that charges at 5p/min. I was told by recorded announcement that there were extremely long delays, and I should connect to the Internet and seek help on-line. (Which I was not able to do because your software was "apparently" not working). After 15 minutes of waiting I gave up.
The following day I checked the AOL homepage from work to see if there were any known issues. None were listed. That evening I tried again, and reinstalled the software again with the same result. Again I phoned technical support. Eventually I got through (after a 20 min wait). Only to be told it was a known fault (with the type of modem that I was using that you supplied me with), would be fixed within 2 hours (impressive since it's already been out for at least two days, sorry I don't believe you) and that I should connect through Internet Explorer.
Please can you therefore provide me with answers to the following:
- Why you couldn't put an announcement on you technical support line to tell people this and save me running up a phone bill of at least £1.75 (cynically I suspect that this is so that you make yet more money from your customers)?
- You didn't list this supposed known issue on the website homepage?
- Why your support staff are extremely unhelpful and rude?
- Whether you are prepared to refund me the cost of my phone calls?
- Whether you are prepared to refund me the proportion of my monthly charge while I have been unable to use the Internet through the usual means and this problem continues?
- What my MAC code is so that I can move to another broadband supplier?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
There was however something that I really felt I needed. I want our allotment to be as sustainable as possible. As it's close by this means that I can walk there and back. The downside of that is that it means I have to carry everything with me that I need. At the moment that's mainly fork, spade and bucket. Along with some water or juice to keep me hydrated as I dig. If we had a shed I could actually leave the digging utensils at the allotment, but the shed is a longer term investment. Not for the here and now. Instead. Today. I went and purchased the next best thing.
Dear Blog Reader, I give you:
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Ensure that allotment is readily identifiable by clearly displaying our plot no. (3b)
- Rough dig entire plot (approx. 52' x 26', and covered in weeds, the previous "tenants" were kicked off)
- Ensure all the edges and paths are clearly defined