Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Book Review: Field Notes on Science and Nature by Michael R. Canfield

Field Notes on Science and NatureField Notes on Science and Nature by Michael R. Canfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of my most memorable books of 2011, both in terms of the book itself, but also the memories it evoked of field work that I have been involved in, and the field notebooks that I still have to this day, although I think many of them are still in an attic somewhere.

This book covers all sorts of field "journals" from the traditional paper and pen/cil to digital and computerised. It includes insights, including reproductions of the journals themselves, from some very famous and eminent naturalists, many of whom are heroes of mine.

This probably won't be everyone's cup-of-tea, because it is quite a dry subject, but I'd recommend to any budding naturalist or anyone who wants a deeper insight into natural history.

View all my reviews

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: