Saturday, November 17, 2007

If You Have Nothing To Talk About...

Talk about the weather! This week has been amazing weatherwise, first thing in the morning when I head for the train, it's dark, but the ground is white. I'm wrapped up, thick coat, scarf, hat and gloves. By about 10am, it's been bright sunshine, and in that sun, really warm. Too warm for the full regalia of the morning.

People around seem to be full of cold, flu or whatever else.

I've finished the decorating from the leaky roof, and now just have the light fitting to put back, when the paint has dried.

The garden is looking quite sad at the moment, the leaves are mostly down from the trees, just a few remaining, the rest need sweeping up, but I like walking across the yard shuffling through that have fallen, I like the noise it makes :)

Christmas seems to be drawing closer. As it will be our first Christmas in our new house, we're having the family (or at least some of it) here for Christmas day. We've already brought our Turkey, we brought in nearly a month ago, because they were on special, so there is nothing to fear from the media hysteria that I've now read more than once - "Christmas Turkey Crisis", "£100 Christmas Turkeys". Get real please. I am sure some people would pay an extortionate amount, but most won't.

I've sat here typing watching Long Tailed Tits flit through the garden, inspecting the birch tree for bugs, and the Goldfinch feed on the Niger seeds. It's been a while since I've sat here at looked out, either it's been dark or we've been busy elsewhere.

On another note it's their anniversary today. Please stop by and wish them a happy anniversary. Just don't mention the crutches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.