Monday, December 05, 2011

Books of 2011 # 27 - Borkmann's Point by Hakan Nesser

Rereading my review again below, you might be wondering why this one made it into the top 31 at all. Well there are a number of Scandanavian authors who are getting a lot of press at the moment, and Hakan Nesser doesn't seem to be one of them for some reason.  Although I didn't rate this very highly it was much better than some of the others that I have read which get far more publicity.  So I think it's worthy of inclusion above some of the others that I've read this year, but haven't made it in the top 31.

 

Borkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren MysteryBorkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery by Håkan Nesser
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A very lightweight tale. There seems little in the characterisation or plot to really say this is a gripping tale. Some of the scenery is fantastic, and the final reveal is good (but predictable). As part of a series I'm not sure I'll be hurrying to track down the others.

View all my reviews

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: