Saturday, January 14, 2012

Back To The Classics Book Challenge 2012: Anton Chekov - The Seagull

Challenge_12

I kicked off this challenge with one of the books that I was most unsure about, I thought I'd get at least one of the ones that I thought I would be least likely to enjoy out of the way first.

This one sits in the Classic Play category, and is a play that I have never seen performed or read before but one that I have heard many people talk about. It's a complicated tale between multiple characters set on a lakeside in Russia. As a straightforward read, it might be considered a bit dull, but I think seeing it performed would be something quite different. The dialogue is quite glorious, but as a play it lacks the scenery and intereaction between the characters that you would get were it say, a novel. However from the dialogue alone the complexities between the characters and their loves and losses kept me engaged.

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars, I liked it.

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: