Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Impossible Reading Challenge?

Each year, over the last few years I have set myself a different reading "challenge". I've had challenges around the number of books I would read in a year, this year I started at 30 books in the year, and have now extended that to 60, having reached and past 30 a while ago.

Previously I have made promises to my bookshelves on the near state of collapse that I would only buy a new book if I had read one first. In that year I read some 38 books (and probably bought 38 too).

And so the challenges go.

Recently I've been thinking about some of the classic crime novels there are, and rereading some Arthur Conan Doyle, and more recently my mind has turned to Agatha Christie.

Photo_1

Now I have read some of her novels in the past, but I thought it would be interesting to try and read them all. Could I do this in a year? All in 2012 perhaps? Then I realised just how many books there are: http://agathachristie.com/attachments/assets/Reading_order_with_dates.pdf

Photo_2

So maybe not?

I do still intend to read them all, but it might take me a while!

Photo_3

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: