Saturday, May 28, 2011

REVIEW: Dead Man's Grip by Peter James (warning contains spoilers)!

Dead Man's GripDead Man's Grip by Peter James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Peter James's last book concerned a serial killer working from 1997 to the present, this book is very much in the present.

A fatal road traffic accident leads to a series of mafia hits, and Roy Grace has to solve the crime(s) and save the day once again.

One of the things I love the most about the Roy Grace series is the settings. I know the area a little and the descriptions of locations always feel so real to me, this outing is no exception.

Featuring a potential return of Sandy, Roy Grace's long missing wife, and also a cameo appearance from Yac (and those Christian Louboutin's), this tale is a breakneck read from start to finish.

I particuarly like the character of Tooth, even though he was a bad guy, and was actually glad that he survived (perhaps to return in the future)?

The only thing that I found a little unbelievable was some of the police procedural, would an officer really travel on blues and twos to a dead body? If they do they shoudln't - the dead are dead, no sense in adding more dead, but perhaps this is true I don't know. It didn't seem factually or morally right - who knows.

A recommended read, if you like a good crime novel, and especailly if you have read any of the previous Roy Grace stories!

View all my reviews

Posted via email from Tontowilliams's Electronic Scrapbook

No comments: