Sunday, March 08, 2009

Holiday Day Two

The Japanese Zen Gardens today. Very tranquil and inspirational. In between the hail showers that is!

Something I've learnt about always trying to take a holiday around my birthday, is just how unpredictable the weather can be at this time of year. My motto on these occasions is just to get on with it and ignore the weather. If we waited for the sun to come out we might never do anything.

On planning our trips this week we seem to have programmed a lot of garden visits. This didn't dawn on me until I wrote them all down and realised then that's what we'd planned, fine by me though as really the holiday season has yet to take off so most things are still closed for the winter.
Getting lots of reading (and evidently blogging) done too.

Some photos of todays gardens available via twitter\twitpic, link in my sidebar.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the photos and they look lovely! Good on you for ignoring the weather! I hope you're having a good time.

Z said...

And that you have (or had) a great birthday whatever the weather.