Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dog Walk - A Photomotion

One of the groups I belong to on Vimeo is the Weekend Project.  Basically on a Friday (once or twice a month), I get sent an email with a challenge.  If I have the time and the inspiration I take on the challenge and create a video.  This weekends challenge can be found here

In simple terms this is joining together a succession of still images to make a video.  I took over 400 images on a Canon 500D to make my entry.  I haven't used them all because, believe it or not it was hard to get the whole thing under the 3 minute time limit (mine comes in at 2mins59secs!).

Although this is a competition, and I would love to win, there are some very talented videographers on Vimeo so the chances are slim, but you do have to be in it to win it, as they say.  I use these challenges more to improve my skills, and learn new techniques and I've learnt a lot from this weekends challenge.  I was using a relatively new camera, that I'm not that familiar with, plus this has stretched my editing skills (or perhaps just the editing software).

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy.  I'm rather proud of the end result.

 

A Dog Walk Photomotion For The Vimeo Weekend Project Group from Alan Williams on Vimeo.

Posted via email from tontowilliams's posterous

No comments: